Wednesday

The Coming of the Christ

.... John the Baptist bore witness that Jesus of Nazareth was the One whom God had sent, whom the prophets foretold through- out the ages. He testified that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God, and that He would give His life as a sacrifice for our sins:

.... "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.' And I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water."

(John 1:29-31 - 28 A.D.)

.... In the fullness of time, as the prophets foretold, Jesus came into the world. He came to fulfill the Scriptures, to complete God’s promise of a new life, and to restore our fellowship with God. All of the words that He spoke came to us from the Father and He made them known to us, just as the Father foretold through Moses:

.

.... "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.
.... "And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him."

(Deuteronomy 18:18-19 - 1423 B.C.)

.

.... Jesus came to us from heaven, and testified of those things He had seen and heard – just as the Father had commanded Him. He openly spoke of God’s love, faithfulness and truth, and He encouraged us to receive God’s salvation:

.... "I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness in the great assembly; indeed, I do not restrain My lips; O LORD, You Yourself Know.
.... "I have not hid Your righteousness within My heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your sal- vation: I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth from the great assembly."

(Psalm 40:9-10 - 993 B.C.)

.... And the words that He spoke were spirit and life, to minister to the people and transform their lives from within, by the power of the new life that He would give them:


.... "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me; because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
.... "To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

(Isaiah 61:1-3 - 712 B.C.)

To continue, please proceed to the article below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home